Collection management with discipline and passion
Collecting Art Since The 1990’s
Dr. Sheila Wright is the Principal of Wondrous Works LLC. She is also the owner of The Wondrous Works Collection, which is comprised of over 200 works of art by African and African-American artists from the 1800s to present. It is diverse in that the collection is full of sculptures, paintings, and prints, with various mediums and printmaking techniques. These works were acquired from artists, galleries, auctions, estate sales, and fellow collectors.
While she has been collecting African-American Art for more than 20 years, Dr. Wright became more serious and disciplined about collection management within the past five to seven years. In discussions with fellow collectors, gallery owners, and artists, she has researched art terminology and participated in various networking opportunities and seminars/ workshops, which aided her in developing collection management procedures to maintain accurate collection inventory, documentation, and appraisal information.
She has developed Wondrous Works, LLC. to provide consultative services to individuals who are at various stages of collecting art from the novice to the seasoned collector. As her passion and discipline for collecting African-American art grows, she becomes increasingly proficient in the following areas:
- Art strategies and acquisition
- Inventory/collection management (database development)
- Art education and coaching
For more information, please contact Dr. Wright at email@example.com.
Dr. Wright works with a team of professionals that assist her in maintaining The Wondrous Works collection who are also available to be of service to you:
- Archival Arts, Inc. provides professional archival, conservation, and imaging services.
- Overdue Recognition Gallery provides custom and conservation framing and consultation for hanging and positioning art work onsite. They also provide a plethora of other services.
- Harvest Estate and Appraisal Services provides specialized appraisal services and has a formidable expertise in the valuation of African-American art. They can also provide some estate planning services.